Thursday, June 25, 2009

x3. does the world mourn with me on this?

i remember being about at least 3 years old
uncle raymond had brought me and julien a present
we were all excited as all children would be
it was a video tape of michael jackson's movie, "Moonwalker"

and like the poster says, it was a movie like no other
i was so hooked on michael jackson
me and julien were addicted to that movie
i remember having to climb on julien's shoulders
to reach up into the cupboard where mom had hidden the tape
we'd watch it every day every hour
until of course the tape was completely useless
and that was my first michael jackson experience

after that there were all his concerts on tv
his music videos that me and julien would dance to
me and julien would play games that were somehow related to michael jackson
it was like we were on an acid trip with michael jackson

michael jackson's music is a fine example of timeless music
i used to listen to spice girls and backstreet boys
i hate them now
but michael jackson is still one of my favourites
timeless indeed

i went to bed early this morning at 5.
at about 9 i get an sms from marissa saying michael jackson is dead.
despite the sleep deprivation, i make my way towards the tv and turn on cnn
and true enough that's what the headlines read
'Michael Jackson is Dead'
then there was this hollow empty feeling inside me
and i started tearing.

no more than a few tears though because i have told myself
a million times, tears don't bring back the dead
and the dead would much rather be remembered with a smile on the face.

but the fact was still there, he's gone.
just as he was making a comeback at that.

this is one of my favourite photo's of him:
he actually looks human, and pretty decent too.



No comments:

Post a Comment